nafex - Re: [NAFEX] crabapples, and haskaps

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] crabapples, and haskaps
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 21:20:59 -0700 (PDT)

Ginda,

I seldom get any red raspberries but do successfully get some Fall Gold.  The birds get nearly every Heritage before they fully ripen while the fruit eating wasps typically get most of the Fall Gold first crop, but don't seem to bother the later fall crop much.  I do agree with you that raspberries can be a good home fruit to grow.if your pest pressure is not too bad.

John