nafex - Re: [NAFEX] PawPaw Recipes for Jam, Preserves

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] PawPaw Recipes for Jam, Preserves
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 08:48:19 -0500

Is there a more general paw paw book covering all aspects of culture, history of use, varieties etc?

~mIEKAL

On Sep 8, 2008, at 8:13 AM, Jwlehman@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 9/8/2008 5:50:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time, rosholdt@erols.com writes:

I am sure that this list has at some point had some recipes for Paw Paw
preserving.  Maybe somebody remembers when this was discussed.

I am considering using a standard recipe for jam using a honey
technique, but am wondering if any properties of the Paw Paw  would
require less pectin/more pectin, calcium, etc.

Barbara Roshold

Hi Barb,

My Barb & I just returned from the one day Pawpaw Conference at Kentucky State Univ., Frankfort. Dr. Pomper and the Ohio Pawpaw Growers (Dr. Ron Powell, Pres) organized this conference. Dr. Neal Peterson representation the Pawpaw Foundation also participated. There will be a complete report of this at the KYSU web site later.

In the welcome packet was the new Pawpaw Cook Book assembled by the Ohio Pawpaw Growers Assoc. This book has about 180 pages of recipes including 4 pages of preserves and jams. It also includes pawpaw fruit handling information

This great pawpaw cook book can be ordered at: www.Ohiopawpaw.com

Jerry