nafex - [NAFEX] PawPaw Recipes for Jam, Preserves

  • From: Rosholdt <rosholdt@erols.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] PawPaw Recipes for Jam, Preserves
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 05:52:21 -0400

I am sure that this list has at some point had some recipes for Paw Paw preserving. Maybe somebody remembers when this was discussed.
I am considering using a standard recipe for jam using a honey technique, but am wondering if any properties of the Paw Paw would require less pectin/more pectin, calcium, etc.

Any suggestions? And yes, I have reviewed and printed the entire KS, UKy, etc Paw Paw recipe materials. Internet searches are made worse by the use of Paw Paw as a synonym for Papaya.

Barbara Rosholdt
3Domes
Virginia Z7