nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Vole (Meadow mouse) problems

  • From: jas39a@earthlink.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Vole (Meadow mouse) problems
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 12:40:47 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I've had a bad problem with them over the years. I tried for a long time to
raise oriental and Asiatic lillies, but every winter, the voles eat the
bulbs. They also munch on the roots of my Asian pears. One of our cats has
been killing 2 or 3 voles a month, which helps out. I think snakes are the
best defense against voles.

Eddie Earles