nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Blackberries in Nebraska

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Blackberries in Nebraska
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 8:11:06 -0400

...... Original Message .......
On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 01:40:43 -0400 Steve <sdw12986@aol.com> wrote:
>Mark & Helen Angermayer wrote:
>> Bill, I won't try to talk you into blackberries, . . .

>I was going to stay out of this but, as the discussion continues, I'll
>have to throw in my comments.. .

Me, too. I've eaten wild blackberries, homegrown blackberries, and
store-bought blackberries. Yes, the home-grown and dead-ripe wild ones are
better. But in my opinion, they're never as good as raspberries, just more
prolific. They do make an excellent fruit pie, however, either alone or
mixed with other berries.

Ginda