nafex - Re: [NAFEX] story of possible interest

  • From: "Mark & Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] story of possible interest
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 21:11:59 -0500

I think cat's can be more sensitive than other mammals. When I was a kid,
we dipped some cats in the dog dip and they acted drunk, probably because
the insecticide affected the nervous system. We currently have some dog
pour-on insecticide that warns, most emphatically, not to use on cats.

As an aside, more reported incidents with pyrethroids doesn't mean more
dangerous. Simply because pyrethroids are more common now, and
organophosphates are being phased out, could account for the increase in
reported incidents. As more pyrethroids are included in more household
products, there will be more incidents like children drinking them and such.

Mark
KS