nafex - Re: [NAFEX] story of possible interest

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] story of possible interest
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:02:39 -0500

At 09:11 PM 8/11/2008, you wrote:
I think cat's can be more sensitive than other mammals. When I was a kid,
we dipped some cats in the dog dip and they acted drunk, probably because
the insecticide affected the nervous system. We currently have some dog
pour-on insecticide that warns, most emphatically, not to use on cats.

Cats are not small dogs. There are, indeed some insecticides that you might be able to use on dogs with no adverse effects, that could sicken or even kill cats. Always read the label.

Louis L. "Lucky" Pittman, Jr., DVM
Veterinary Pathologist/ Dept. Chairman
Murray St. Univ.-Breathitt Veterinary Ctr.
Hopkinsville, KY