nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Novice grower report

  • From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Novice grower report
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 10:00:27 -0500

I had red Lake currants for years but finally tore them out because I
didn't like their taste. My wife heard me talking about buying
currants this Spring. She bought me a Red Lake currant. product of
Canada. Didn't want it but had to plant it. It produced a few
berries which had a great tart taste. Much different than my former
currants. The currants were brighter red than before and a little
smaller. Are there different varieties of Red Lake currants?