nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Novice grower report

  • From: "Matt Demmon" <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Novice grower report
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 16:01:43 -0400

Black Velvet has AMAZING flavor, better than other gooseberries I've tried, but smaller berries and so far shy production in SE Michigan.

Deb, did you do any flavor comparisons amongst your black currants? I've only tasted Titania and Consort fresh, and found that Titania was yummy, Consort almost inedible, so I'm curious about other varieties fresh.

-matt
SE MI zone5