nafex - [NAFEX] fruit eating wasps

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] fruit eating wasps
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:06:37 -0400

One more time, I am absolutely positive that on my property wasps create their own entrance ways in my fruit on a regular basis.  I admit to being wrong from time to time while being "absolutely positive", but in this case that is extremely unlikely.  I am also absolutely positive that when I hang a couple traps from a tree with ripening fruit the problem immediately subsides drastically.  This has played out season after season and if there were holes drilled by ants or birds ahead of time it is nearly impossible it would escape my attention.  Thanks for the help, though (no sarcasm there, honest).  Even if somehow some tiny insect started the problem with an equally tiny insiscion it is the wasps that do the real damage.

Oh and Rivka, the movie and heroine I was thinking of was of course "Cinderella" as I guess you already figured.

  • [NAFEX] fruit eating wasps, Alan Haigh, 07/21/2008