nafex - Re: [NAFEX] more on yellow jackets

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] more on yellow jackets
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 02:17:15 -0400

I wouldn't want to claim that wasps and yellow jackets are not the cause of your holes in fruit, but there can be another cause.

In peaches small spots of rot are sometimes cleaned out by ants. I imagine that some wasp-type insects which do not puncture holes on their own may suck juice from such holes.

Doug Woodard
St Catharines, Ontario, Canada