nafex - Re: [NAFEX] peach issue

  • From: "Mark & Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] peach issue
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:51:52 -0500

Hi Barbara,

For a non-organic control of brown rot, Captan works very well and has a
very short pre-harvest interval. Additionally it is widely available, and
can probably be obtained at the local garden center, or farm coop. If you
can't find straight Captan, most general fruit tree sprays sold in garden
centers contain Captan as their fungicide, although they would have a
slightly longer pre-harvest interval because of the insecticide included. A
few sprays close to harvest should protect the fruit. Remember to dispose
of all affected fruit in the trash can to cut down on the inoculum for next
year.

Good luck,
Mark
KS