nafex - Re: [NAFEX] M111

  • From: tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] M111
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 15:21:20 +0000

Helene, I'm trying mm111 because of its high rating on drought tolerance,
sandy soil, and ability to grow above the deer browse-line. But it was one
of the lesser rated for winter hardiness. I'm resigned to losing a few trees
if my z4/5 location ever goes back to real winters.

I don't have anything on it grown to maturity yet. Same cultivars topworked
on Bud 118 outgrow it.