nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Missing Jap beetles?

  • From: abb7@Lehigh.EDU
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Missing Jap beetles?
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 21:41:32 -0400

Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 15:09:56 -0500
From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>

I haven't seen any japanese beetles here in Pa yet, but they're usually
out by end of June. The only thing i was able to kill them with is Sevin
spray. Bass S.zone6, pa

I live a few miles from Bass, and none here yet either. Last year I saw the first one on June 18th...I'm keeping a look out for them. I think this spring has been a bit cooler, but I also put down Milky Spore a few years ago, hopefully that is spreading through the lawn. The year after I put it down, I definitely saw some infected grubs while digging a new bed.

Alex