nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Missing Jap beetles?

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Missing Jap beetles?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:57:44 -0500

Hal, How very odd. We are not seeing many bumblebees, but had plenty of honeybees in the spring. We seem to have some really big early attractions for honeybees but never see many later in the year when so many plants are blooming closer to their homes I guess. I'll bet you are just on a different cicada cycle and may have them show up next year. Did you have them exactly 17 years ago, or only about 17 years ago? Donna