nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Melons anyone?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Melons anyone?
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 09:19:40 -0700

The late Prof. Elwyn Meader, one of NAFEX's founding members, developed Golden Midget watermelon for cool, short seasons. In NH where it originated, it's ready in about 70 days. It was so early here in Oregon it got overripe before I realized it was ready.
-Lon Rombough
For even more grape lessons, go to http://www.grapeschool.com
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/