nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Raspberry dormancy?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Raspberry dormancy?
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 08:00:12 -0700

You might still get something from the roots. Raspberries are propagated from root cuttings and the roots will take a lot of abuse and still grow. It does take longer as they have to generate buds and push shoots from below the soil line. I worked at a berry nursery one time and they saved all the root trimmings when they bundled raspberry plants. Those were stored in a cooler for several months, then planted. They just dug a trench and dropped in handsful of roots. Each clump put up good numbers of shoots.
-Lon Rombough
For even more grape lessons, go to http://www.grapeschool.com
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/