nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Peach flowering & hand pollenating

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Peach flowering & hand pollenating
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:57:39 EDT

In a message dated 4/20/2008 9:11:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jfruth@tds.net writes:

  I hand pollinate my peach trees in years when there are few flowers.
Peach flowers respond similar to Pawpaw flowers.  The Stigmas ripen before
the Anthers.  The first flowers to open do not bear fruit because by the
time the anthers mature, the stigma is no longer receptive.

Interesting! Thanks Jim.

Here I have the opposite problem, my peaches often set crops too heavy. That is if we don't have a late frost or early blooming.

Jerry
5b