nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Codling Moth Control (Richard Moyer's)

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Codling Moth Control (Richard Moyer's)
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:06:57 -0500

Yeah, the MD ties are really not recommended for anything under 5 acres. If you use the Pherocon CM/DA Combo lure, it will attract both male and female CM. It's the females you want to trap. I was involved in the field testing of the CM/DA lure and now use nothing else. They have a minimum field life of 8 weeks instead of the 4 to 6 weeks of the previous male only lure. I recommend the Pherocon Delta VI trap which is all plastic and can be used over and over again. I have some that I am on my 4th season with. Much more cost effective than the paper ones. Each trap ordered comes with 2 liners. If you have only a few trees, the monitoring traps might just work to capture the bulk of your CM. I have also developed a plum curculio trap utilizing the Delta VI trap and liner with the Plum Essence Dual Bait Lure that has worked really good for me.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com