nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sticky sphere body counts

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sticky sphere body counts
  • Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 20:58:05 -0500

We use January special red Christmas tree balls as our sticky spheres, covered in Tangletrap.
No honeybees in my recollection, though we do have a hive about 100 feet away.

Thanks, Richard. I've got blue orchard bees less than 10 ft. from my apple trees, and I was worried they might be attracted to anything red. I should have apples for the first time this year (knock on wood), so I'm not sure what pests I might encounter. I want to be prepared, but I don't want to go overboard. I guess I'll just try to monitor things closely.

I like the idea of the homemade sticky spheres, though.

Thanks again,

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
The persistent and sustained reliance on falsehoods as the basis of policy, even in the face of massive and well-understood evidence to the contrary, seems to many Americans to have reached levels that were previously unimaginable. - Al Gore