nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Yumberry, Myrica rubra

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@speakeasy.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Yumberry, Myrica rubra
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 20:08:03 -0800

On Mar 8, 2008, at 7:40 PM, Lon J. Rombough wrote:

Too bad the California Rare Fruit Growers don't have a discussion list.  Myrica rubra is grown by a number of their members.  There have been articles about it in their magazine.  There may be sources listed on their website, www.crfg.org
-Lon Rombough

Well, CRFG has several different online fora and discussion lists so I think what's missing here is one single list that CRFG members all over the world participate in.  I don't know why, but most CRFG members I've met are a lot less keen on online stuff than  the NAFEX members on this list.

The one online thing I know about that is accessible to CRFG members regardless of chapter affiliation AND the general public is the CRFG Bulletin Board. It's used very lightly despite the efforts of a couple members to invigorate it.  But CRFG President Bill Grimes is still operating the board for the time being so you're welcome to register and post there and I'll make a point of telling other CRFG members that there's a question there on Myrica rubra for them to answer.

www.crfg.org/phpbb

The current issue of The Fruit Gardener has an article on yumberry, in fact.  I haven't had the chance to go to an Asian market so I can sample what it tastes like and decide whether to grow it.

Megan Lynch

Berkeley, CA  Zone 9b