nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Honey Locust

  • From: "Hector Black" <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Honey Locust
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 14:25:29 -0600

Hi Alan, They don't come true to seeds. Our trees are all grafted.
Hidden Springs Nursery sells a couple of varieties of grafted trees.
online catalog at Hidden Springs Nursery.
About 25% of seedlings are thorny, and as with most hybrids, you
will get wide variation in pod size and productivity. Hector
Black zone 6 middle TN