nafex - [NAFEX] lingonberries

  • From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] lingonberries
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 19:54:38 -0600

Anyone have success growing lingonberries? There are hundreds of
square miles of sphagnum bogs near my house. Very tasty
lingonberries grow there but they are a pain to pick. These are the
kind that grow only a few inches above the sphagnum. There are named
European varieties available that grow higher and might be better to
grow. I was thinking about growing them in a sand peat mixture
isolated from my garden soil. Wild cranberries grow right with the
wild lingonberries and are much tastier than commercial cranberries
and equally a pain to pick. I'll probably try to grow cranberries
and lingonberries together if I go with wild plants.

  • [NAFEX] lingonberries, Ernest Plutko, 03/02/2008