nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Membership, focus, journals, etc...the face of NAFEX

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Membership, focus, journals, etc...the face of NAFEX
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:14:01 EST

In a message dated 2/13/2008 12:36:31 PM Eastern Standard Time, list@ginda.us writes:

I like the idea of putting at least some of the archives on-line, but only
allowing members to post.  That would provide bait for potential new
members without giving all our content away.  Perhaps the most recent month
of so of content could be on-line?

Ginda,

You have an idea worth discussing. But maybe allow three months of open posts viewing. But must be a member to post questions and read all posts over 3 months old. This could even be a different level of membership price. Say $9.00

Then if we have an electronic Pomona membership we could wind up with three price membership levels. That could be a record keeping headache.

Setting here thinking about this, it could actually increase US membership. Here is how. Someone learning of and reading the 3 month chat net could decide to join at the $9 level. Then he considers for a few more bucks he could get the electronic Pomona membership, say $14. The he realizes for a few more bucks, $5, he would be a full member and get hard copies for his library shelf.  However $19 shouldn't be prohibitive in the first place.

In a past life when I huddled with my employees and would say to them, "I have an idea," they would say we are in trouble now!  Sometimes we were!!!

Jerry

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. Go to AOL Music.