nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Copying Electronic Pomonas

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Copying Electronic Pomonas
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:31:56 EST

In a message dated 2/13/2008 11:01:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, jfruth@tds.net writes:

  If the Mullah of Somewhereistan buys a subscription, then prints the
Pomona for his subjects (who can't afford to buy a subscription at any
price), what have we lost?  Nothing!  So what is the problem

?

How do we control the Mullah so he sends only to people who can't honestly afford membership?  That is one problem. There are also just as many, maybe more, dishonest Americans than in allthestans.

Don't forget this whole subject was started with the goal of being able to offer a lower membership rate for out of the US folks who have lower incomes and whose membership fee is higher due to added postage costs.

There will be dishonest people who rather than ask their grower buddies to join will tell them, save your membership money, I'll forward my electronic copy to you. Although I do believe people who dig in the dirt and plant trees have a lower percentage of dishonesty.

Jerry

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. Go to AOL Music.