nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Seaberries and Deer

  • From: "Jolyn" <jolyn@tctwest.net>
  • To: "Anton Callaway" <marillen@earthlink.net>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Seaberries and Deer
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:39:01 -0700

Hello Anton,
I have been growing seaberries for 4 years unprotected and the deer have not bothered them. I have extremely heavy deer pressure. I just noticed that the deer have eaten anything green 5 feet up on 10-12 ft Austrian Pines even though I had sprayed Plantskydd and netted them. Apparently they have learned to tear down the netting. Normally, Plantskydd will keep them at bay through the winter.
Good luck,
Jolyn
----- Original Message ----- From: "Anton Callaway" <marillen@earthlink.net>