nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cavil Crymskiy Apple

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: "Martha L. Davis" <martha_davis@earthlink.net>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cavil Crymskiy Apple
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:12:06 -0500

A 14:06 08.02.13 -0700, vous avez écrit :
>Have any of you heard of the Cavil Crymskiy apple from the Former Soviet
Union? I made a typo in a scionwood request from the Geneva Germplasm
repository so now I have the wood and I am trying to decide if it is worth
grafting. I didn't see anything on the sites I usually look for variety
info, including Brogdale. There is certainly some possibility that it may
be transliterated several different ways. If anyone knows anything please
let me know.

>Martha

In Apples of N.Y., vol.2, p.22, there is a Blushed Calville that has as a
synonym "Calville Krasmui", origin Russia - could it be the same?
Personnally, I have some doubts... The name sounds rather like a Calville
type of apple that would be from Crimea on Black Sea.

Claude