nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grafting wax for topworking cleft grafts

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grafting wax for topworking cleft grafts
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:23:16 -0600

At 11:02 AM 2/11/2008, Karen wrote:
i should say though, i've moved away from doing cleft grafts on big trunks, and been happier doing 3-4 rind/bark grafts around the trunk perimeter that don't involve a big wound into the wood of the rootstock.
I like that idea, too, and will be trying it this spring as I re-work a couple of 12-yr old seedling M.alba trees that were killed back almost to the main trunk by the Easter Big Freeze Disaster of 2007. 'Illinois Everbearing' scions stuck onto those babies ought to really take off and grow!

Lucky