nafex - [NAFEX] Over-anxious peach pits

  • From: Amlie & Hayas <tamlie@netscape.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Over-anxious peach pits
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:18:25 -0500

Late last fall I decided to hang on to some peach pits to plant out just for the heck of it. I placed them in damp peat in my refrigerator. I
glanced at them the other day and they're all sending out roots. Now the question is, what do I do with them in mid-January in
Pennsylvania? Planting them out in the yard doesn't seem to be a terribly clever idea at this time of year, nor does leaving them in the
(usually) dark and cold refrigerator if they've started to push out roots. Any suggestions? Planting in pots?

Thank in advance,
Tom