nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Schlabach"s nursery? other nursery problems

  • From: "John Bunker" <jbunker@gwi.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Schlabach"s nursery? other nursery problems
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 09:54:52 -0500

Hello Jim Erdman,
I'm sorry to hear you had a problem with two Evans Cherries you purchased from Fedco. And especially that someone didn't get back to you. Our policy is pretty easy. If a plant does not meet your expectations during the first growing season, we will send you a full refund or a replacement, no questions asked. We prefer to give refunds because then you can reorder whatever you want from us or anyone else. We do not require photos or spent tags or anything. We do ask that customers contact us during that first year. In your case, feel free to send me a personal email message and we'll send you a refund this winter.
Re: grafting tape. Tape that is made specifically for grafting is extremely inexpensive. We sell it by the single roll. I imagine others do as well. We sell two types. PVC tape is nasty for the environment but is tough and durable and excellent for topworking applications. It must be removed at some point (generally after about one year). Parafilm tape is not strong enough for topworking but is excellent for bench grafting. It is stretchy and decomposes fairly rapidly in the nursery. It generally does not need to be removed.
Regards,
John Bunker
Nursery Coordinator, Fedco