nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Graft w/ElecTape?

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Graft w/ElecTape?
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 22:06:23 EST

In a message dated 12/25/2007 6:05:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, oowonbs@netscape.net writes:

Also, I have done limited grafting, so do not have grafting tape.
Could I
wrap the wounds with the black electrical tape that I have heard
discussed on
this forum?
Betsy

Not too tight. Or, as it sticks to itself, 1 - several pieces of
"Saran/plastic wrap.
Start lower down and work upward, to shed rain, as with shingles
.

Hello Betsy,

I use electrical vinyl tape all the time. But not black as it can get too warm in the sun. I use yellow and white. If you use black I'd suggest using aluminum foil to shield it. I wouldn't worry too much about wrapping it too tight. When using grafting rubbers I pull them very tight all the time.

Jerry

See AOL's top rated recipes (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)