nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Graft w/ElecTape?

  • From: David.Maxwell@dal.ca
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Graft w/ElecTape?
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 10:50:15 -0400

I have used black electrical tape for years, with no problems whatsoever. But
I am in
Nova Scotia, zone 5a, so we probably have less concern re. heat. No
problems
with being too tight at the time of grafting, but will "indent" the stock if
left
indefinitely. I graft in the Spring, and then slit the tape (just a single
vertical cut
through the tape, leaving the tape in place) in July or August. The tape
eventually
falls off, but if you try to peel it off at the time, it may pull the bark
off with it.