nafex - Re: [NAFEX] mystery citrus

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] mystery citrus
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 07:46:35 -0600

Sometimes Minneolas and other Tangelo-type fruit have a teardrop shape, with
the stem end being the narrow one. If my memory serves me correctly the
Minneola is a tangerine-grapefruit cross. It is seedless, absolutely
delicious and juicy to the point that it is difficult to peel and break into
segments with mussing the fruit to juice. It's easiest to halve and squeeze
the scrumptious juice out into your mouth.

Steve H. Lone Rock, WI