nafex - Re: [NAFEX] soil tests

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] soil tests
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 00:40:31 -0800

Thanks!  It is awfully frustrating.  I’ve often grown a large percentage of our groceries.  Now, not only have I no veg, I’ve been hesitant to put in any fruits.  In the past, like many of us, I’ve grown herbs, fruits, and veg, even grains, sweeteners, soy and soy products… in my vegan days, there wasn’t much grocery bill at all…

Yes, the community thing does have value.  When I lived in the country, people would have understood the frustration.  Here in the city, many people don’t understand where their food comes from, and many gardeners are hobbyists more than subsistence growers.  Folks don’t get it.  You all do, and that’s quite a bit of comfort.

~ Stephen