nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Persimmons, 60 & 90C

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Persimmons, 60 & 90C
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:10:40 EST

In a message dated 12/9/2007 11:09:45 AM Eastern Standard Time, lovehd@comcast.net writes:

How can one distinguish between the 60C and 90C trees in the wild? I know that most of the 90C selections ripen much earlier, but that may be due to the fact they were selected in the North. Would wild 90C trees from further south also ripen earlier than 60C trees in the same area?

Hello Hal,

Typically the 60C are smaller leafed and smaller fruit and later ripening. Branches are smaller also. I'm not sure that all varieties of each are distinguishable from the other. In other words some small leafed 90C could be smaller than larger leafed 60C.

Would wild 90C trees from further south also ripen earlier than 60C trees in the same area? Yes, I'd think so.

Jerry

See AOL's top rated recipes (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)