nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Varmints and Netting

  • From: sdw12986@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Varmints and Netting
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 01:40:34 -0500

For me, it has always been Blue Jays. They peck holes in the top of my apples. They used to love Mount Royal plums. (My Mount Royal plum is gone now. It died after several good years of production.) I bought one of the cheap black plastic bird nets and covered the tree. As the tree got bigger, the net really only covered the top. The sides were wide open but, for some reason, it still worked. I would sometimes see a Blue Jay sitting on a lower limb looking up into the tree but it would not fly up into the tree with that net covering the top.

Steve