nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Varmints and netting

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Varmints and netting
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:44:49 -0600

Ginda wrote,

As soon as I finished, the
bird checked it out....looking
carefully at the protected blueberries, and tweeting loudly at each stop. Perhaps it was my imagination, but he certainly sounded
frustrated and angry with me.

Yes Ginda, I noticed that when I'd go out to pick peas this summer, the cardinals would sit around in the trees and make unusual noises, like they were offended that I was picking THEIR food. After awhile they gave up and went away. I'd used white nylon curtains and clothespins to cover the peas, but somehow they could always find their way in. Donna