nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Leaves?

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Leaves?
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 08:43:37 -0600

Yes, this seems late for the apples to hold their leaves, and it seems like everything else is holding leaves longer than usual, too. The oak leaves are only about 1/2 down.

My apples don't seem to have lost a leaf yet, but everything has been slow to drop leaves this year (not that bad, though). Of course, it's been a very warm fall, at least until the last couple of days. It was 78 degrees on Monday (only 12° now).

It's also been very dry. We've had only .05" of precipitation in the last month, which is low even for us. (Yet we're way ahead for the year. It's been a very strange year, weather-wise.) But I don't know if that would affect leaf drop.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
Since when do we have to agree with people to defend them from injustice? - Lillian Hellman