nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Leaves?

  • From: "John Barbowski" <jbarbowski@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Leaves?
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:08:24 -0500

After hitting -9C last night, my cherry leaves are finally starting to drop. Had at least 80% still on before the freeze. They will be all gone in a day or so or with any wind.

Peaches had lost theirs a couple of weeks ago.

Apples are another thing. Yes, they did freeze last night, but I will only lose 50% of the foliage. The rest of the leaves go haphazardly right into February. The leaves used to be a pain when they dropped on my ice rink. The sun warmed them up and caused some melted depressions.  Ditto for my pears.

Wasn't it an earlier post by a NAFEXer that said the magnetic poles were reversing? If the trees resond to magnetic sources, this might generate an interesting effect.

jmb
Canadian Zone 6b just north of Toronto