nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pixie crunch fruiting in fall

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pixie crunch fruiting in fall
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 21:30:09 -0600

My Pixie Crunch bore fruit the first spring after I planted it, and none of the other apple trees planted at the same time in my mini-orchard (Bud-9 trees) flowered that spring. I asked about it to the list, too, and Ed Fackler replied that Pixie Crunch is partially self-fruitful.
Doreen Howard
IL-WI Border, Zone 5a

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stefan Brandle" <sbrandle@css.taylor.edu>