nafex - [NAFEX] Pixie crunch fruiting in fall

  • From: Pete Tallman <pete_tallman@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pixie crunch fruiting in fall
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:30:21 -0700

Several of my trees put out a sample of the same type of 3/4 inch apples this
fall from a re-bloom. I think I get this from flowers forming after summer
pruning. Not consistent from year to year which varieties do this. Quality of
the resulting apples isn't very good, but if you are coming from a completely
barren year, I can imagine they could be welcome. For me, only Smokehouse has
produced extra-season apples that were any good.

Pete Tallman
Longmont, CO erratic zone 5
Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate.  Join in.