nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Best Apples Article

  • From: Michael Nave <jmichaelnave@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Best Apples Article
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:17:19 -0700 (PDT)

Very interesting. None of those would make my top 6,
or even top 20, which shows two things-there are a lot
of good apples out there, and tastes are different!

My top 15 would be, in no particular order:

White Winter Pearmain
Roxbury Russet
Hudson's Golden Gem
Zabergau Reinette
Newtown Pippin
Knobbed Russet
Fameuse
Peasgood Nonesuch
Golden Russet
Belle De Boskoop
Cox's Orange Pippin
Pitmaston Pineapple
Rubinette
Swiss Gourmet
Ashmead's Kernel

Of course this list can change on a monthly, weekly or
even a daily basis....

http://www.progressivefarmer.com/tabid/1357/Default.aspx