nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Morus nigra in North Carolina

  • From: Lee Reich <garden@leereich.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Morus nigra in North Carolina
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 17:25:51 -0400

I agree that the flavor of M. nigra is superb -- to me as good or better than any other fruit! I grow mine in a greenhouse here in Zone 5, in a pot, which I move to a cool basement in winter. The greenhouse humidity is quite high in summer, as is my basement in winter, but my plant has not experienced any disease problems. I'm going to graft a branch onto some wild mulberries and see what happens.

Lee Reich, PhD

Books by Lee Reich:
The Pruning Book
Weedless Gardening