nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Illinois Everbearing

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Illinois Everbearing
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 11:14:34 -0500

But, to me, that's one of its endearing features, in addition to its heavy
production of extremely tasty berries. You can plant a small specimen, and
in a very short timeframe, you'll have a nice, large productive tree.

Well, I'm sure it's an endearing feature if you have room for it. In my case, I'm trying to cram as many different kinds of fruit as possible into my backyard. Heh, heh. Still, this is at the NW corner of my lot, near the street and the alley, so I can manage a large tree there, if I have to. I'm going to try to keep it reasonably small, though, so I guess I'll keep trying to train the firehose!

:-)

Bill

--
I am a biologist. Like it or not, the Republican party is being led by religious zealots who are anti-biology, who publicly and vigorously oppose reason and knowledge and evidence in my field of study. - PZ Myers