nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Collecting Scion from Public Land

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Collecting Scion from Public Land
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 08:35:02 -0700 (PDT)

You can probably find rules thru your state's park's info. I would bet there
is no
rule against scion collection, but read & dig til you're pretty sure you've
found
all info.

WI has fairly strict rules against collecting on property owned by Dept of
Transportation. (That is, where they own land set back from the road, not the
ditches; I'm still not certain about ditches!) I probably irritated a few
people by
making phone calls to learn what the rules were, but glad I did: in WI, if
you are
caught, trespass & theft charges are options for the DOT to pursue.

The cynical & scoff-laws would at this point discuss the probabilities of
getting
caught.