nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Collecting Scion from Public Land

  • From: "Carol Fall" <cjfall@ucdavis.edu>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Collecting Scion from Public Land
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 09:36:39 -0700

I routinely collect scion wood from public lands for our Heritage Orchard Project.  I mostly collect from federal lands – Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service, but some County Parks also.  I just call the agency itself and talk to the land manager, park manager, whatever and ask permission.  It’s always been freely granted as long as I’m not doing it to make money or causing a public safety problem (like putting up my orchard ladder on a road).  So you might just try calling the state park and asking.

Carol

UC Cooperative Extension – Trinity County, California

Zones 5-7