nafex - Re: [NAFEX] seruice fruit

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] seruice fruit
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:05:00 -0700

I have S. domestica here. The fresh fruit is crisp, juicy, and incredibly astringent. However, even a good bump or a small mark on the fruit apparently releases enzymes that blet the fruit in a hurry as it will become edible in just a few hours. After a day or two it takes on a flavor that makes me think of brandy.
-Lon Rombough
For even more grape lessons, go to http://www.grapeschool.com
For growing supplies and more; http://www.grapegrowersolutions.com