nafex - [NAFEX] cider apple ID please

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] cider apple ID please
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:27:10 -0700 (PDT)

I'm having poor luck from 'net searches for naming an unidentified apple. It
is a
cider apple, high tannins (some ripening stages are edible but usually spit
out),
med-small size, distinctly strawberry shape in cross-section, coloring is
washed
pastels, skin smooth w/ small pores if any. Growing in urban south-central
WI and
yes I'm pretty sure the small orchard the trees are in was a cider planting.
Suggestions?

FareChase.
http://farechase.yahoo.com/