nafex - [NAFEX] Apple question

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Apple question
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 09:16:58 -0500

Is there an online site with pictures of apples?

My reason for asking is because some of the scionwood I bought from (the former) Bear Creek Nursery isn't what I ordered. I'm finding that out when I take my apples to a farmers' market and the other vendors tell me that my apples aren't the variety that I say they are. I can see differences here too, for example, the "Honey Crisp" that I bought as scionwood from Bear Creek is quite unlike the fruit of what the stores are selling as Honey Crisp. Some of my (now unknown) varieties are worth keeping and if I could compare them to something online, I might learn what variety they really are.

Thanks.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472