nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple Cider question

  • From: Clifford Cain <cc_syorks@yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: nafex <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple Cider question
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 20:00:05 +0100 (BST)

Jim
The only way I know of keeping apple juice with a true fresh flavour, is by rapid freezing.
However last year I visited a Horticultural college for a demonstration of their commercial production line of Apple Juice and Apple Cider (Hard).
They bottled the juice into 750ml glass bottles and placed it into a chest pasteuriser.  This batch process has the ability  to produce a "cooked" juice.  Apparently the secret is down to the time and temperature.  I cannot find my notes, but shall endeavour to find them and see what the time temperature profile they adopted was.

Regards

Clifford Cain
Bawtry, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, UK